Frequently Asked Questions.
Don’t see your question below? Call us at (877) 888-5525 to speak with one of our product specialists about business accounting software solutions.
- If you don’t currently own QuickBooks, ask our team to help acquire the right version for your business OR;
- Bring Your Own License
- Sign up for Hosting Service by calling (877) 888-5525.
- We will advise you on the process of cloud hosting with GoToMyERP for the optimal performance of your QuickBooks Solutions and any Third Party system you use.
- In order to make sure this is an ideal solution for your business we perform a simple evaluation and if everything’s okay, it’s time to go to work.
- That’s it. Your cloud-hosted QuickBooks software will be set up and ready to use!
Absolutely. Better than any local machine. With all your critical applications and data hosted on optimally tuned servers you can expect solid performance and much better overall performance. With our GoMobile, GoGlobal access, you and your team can connect anytime from anywhere with an Internet connection. Simply gain access via the web application and log in with your user ID and password. Your QuickBooks system will be ready for you to use, just as if it were running on your PC. There’s virtually nothing new to learn because the software looks and works just like it does on your local environment.
Your ERP, CRM, WMS or other critical applications are hosted on high-performance dedicated server instances to provide enterprise-class reliability to businesses. Without limitations on space and performance – gotomyerp’s systems are designed to be flexible while you make your business successful.
“Hosting” is another way of saying that your QuickBooks software and data are running, maintained and stored (“hosted”) on an server in a secure enterprise-level facility, and not at your office on a PC, local or co-located server that you maintain. Access and work with your QuickBooks system from any current Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android based device at nearly any location with a good quality connection to the internet.
It’s an additional service provided by authorized Intuit Hosting Providers – like gotomyerp. Intuit assesses and approves, standards and performance.
It is for licensed holders of QuickBooks Enterprise, or any QuickBooks software. But not to worry, if you need it we can help you get it too, we’re Intuit Premier Resellers too. Please see QuickBooks Enterprise Support Requirements.
Our service allows anyone authorized by you to to access your QuickBooks environment, software and company data from just about any internet-connected device. Work anywhere, anytime – GoMobile, GoGlobal.
Yes, all our plans include support for our environment and diagnostic level support for all applications. Our global team of experts is able to customize and directly support of just about any application from QuickBooks. Give us a call and let us know what you have and how we can help.
Your team simply launches our portal just like any web page, that’s it! With secure credentials, each member of your team logs in with their own username and password. Everything your team needs is there and ready to use and they look and work exactly the same.
We protect your hosted data with encrypted transmission, firewalls, multi-layer access controls, and encrypted backups. Other security measures are available, just ask us.
Business Continuity Planning by gotomyerp. Engineered to help you recover access to your data or entire environment if something were to happen to your office or you felt the need for additional accessibility. Your critical system are retained safely and accessible when you need them. Additionally, we work with all 3rd Party Trusting facilities to ensure your direct access to your data. Ask us for more detail.
We don’t just backup your data nightly, we image the whole environment and every server included. This assures us we can recover changes you may have made to other critical information, system settings or recently applied update. The systems are replicated and made available at other data centers for recovery scenarios beyond just backing up your data.
Yes. As a part of our continuity planning we ask you if you’d prefer additional redundancy of your data or systems. Just ask us how.
With gotomyerp running your applications, you will decrease the need for on site servers and minimize IT related costs while increasing security, stability and performance.
Your environment is custom no matter the size of your organization or number of applications needed to support your operations. Make sure you read our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Requirements. We tailor each environment to exactly what is needed and assist all of your team members during the onboarding and go-live process. Provisioning or setup costs may be necessary depending on the complexity of your solution, but normally nothing’s needed. Just ask, we’ll help minimize this too.
Other computers within the organization that may be connected to different network device (i.e: wireless nodes, firewalls, switches, routers, etc.) are not individually tested and may present some undetected problems during our test.
VOICE OVER IP:
VOIP must be on its own network, dedicated line and or your Firewall should be provisioned to isolate bandwidth required to support voice traffic.
Such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Web Filters, Antivirus or special firewall policies have been known to interfere with the proper operation of certain functions of the hosted system. i.e: printing, file transfers.
On environments determined to have low bandwidth, gotomyerp will provide recommendations for a satisfactory bandwidth that would be appropriate for the number of users on the system. Though the network test may prove to be satisfactory from a bandwidth perspective, performance may degrade as users on that network consume bandwidth by using applications that range from Windows updates, to social networking, streaming audio or video, which will adversely affect ping times, and subsequently quality of connection to gotomyerp services.
It is the client’s responsibility to address and resolve any issues that may come up related to the above factors with their internal IT department. We do offer services at an additional price to tune up internal networks and connected devices.
YOUR SERVICE QUALITY
You are responsible for meeting the minimum supported platforms for hardware, networking and operating systems as indicated by gotomyerp for any device accessing our service.
Our environment exceeds minimum publisher specifications and performance standards.
You are responsible for the quality of any device within your organization or telecommunications service that will be use to connect to our service and must be able to access the AWS Firewalls with a minimum QoS (Quality of Service):
- Dedicated Data Bandwidth Minimum Range: 3-5mbps per connected location for 5-10 Users Accessing the System at Each Location
- Minimum Range of Low Latency Pings, 25-50ms with a Jitter Range of no greater than 15-20. This is not a guarantee of performance as our test may not reveal variations in performance on the day of test.
- *We do not provide specifications for wireless, microwave or satellite environments to connect to the internet.
- *Because service varies greatly in different geographical areas, we are not responsible for Quality of Connection or Your Internet or Communication providers’ performance.
- Dedicated Data Bandwidth Minimum Range: 3-5mbps per connected location for 5-10 Users Accessing the System at Each Location. VOIP or other streaming requirements are required to be on a dedicated circuit or line.
Firewall Settings. You are responsible for provisioning your firewall settings to allocate bandwidth so that no less than 50% of all available bandwidth is allocated to your connection to gotomyerp.com’s Environment and given 1st priority over other applications or web traffic. We also strongly recommend rule sets to eliminate or minimize any streaming or social networks.
You Internal Infrastructure is explicitly unsupported by gotomyerp and we make no guarantee as to the quality of any component physical or virtual.
Bandwidth is a measurement of bit-rate of available or consumed data communication resources expressed in bits per second (e.g.. 5Mbit/s)
Latency is the measurement tells how long it takes a “packet” of data to travel from your computer to a server on the Internet and back.
Jitter is merely the variance in measuring successive ping tests
- This will be an additional layer of backup
- Please note that Quickbooks scheduled automated backups may fail if there are any issues with the company files, so we rely more on the second method mentioned below for the guaranteed backup of your data files.
Unless otherwise arranged, all remote sessions are subject to timeouts which are explained below:
Disconnected Session Time Out: 15 Minutes
What this means:
When a user closes the last hosted application, the session goes into disconnected state, and it will be that way for 15 minutes, after which, the session will completely log off.
A user has Sage and Excel open in the hosted environment.
If the user closes Sage only, the session is still in active state.
When the user closes both Sage and Excel, the session will go into disconnected state.
That session will log off 15 minutes after the last application has been closed.
This feature can also be useful if a user happens to lose their internet connection on their workstation in the middle of a transaction, and as a result their hosted session gets disconnected.
In this case, the user can either move to a different workstation and login, or work on restoring their internet connection within the next 15 minutes. If successful, they can resume their transaction right where they left off.
Active Session Timeout: 24 Hours
What this means:
An active session is when a user is actively working in their hosted application, this can mean anything from mouse movement within the application, to actual navigation within the application.
A user is allowed to have an active session for 24 consecutive hours after which they are required to log off and log back on.
A user starts their session at 8:00AM.
The user goes to lunch at 12:00PM, and closes their hosted application. The session will go into disconnected state until 12:15PM, after which it is logged off.
If the user logs back on before 12:15PM, they can resume their session, and they are still on the 24 hour counter from 8:00AM, scheduled to be disconnected at 8:00AM the next morning**.
If the users reconnected at 1:00PM after coming back from lunch, their session would have already logged off, and their active session new timeout is 1:00PM the next day.**
**Please keep in mind that all server reboot nightly for backups and maintenance, so in this case, it is a possible that a user session might get disconnected before the timeout, if the maintenance schedule is reached before the timeout threshold.
Idle Session Timeout: 2 Hours
What this means:
If a user is away from their workstation or is not performing any activity on the hosted application for 2 hours, the session will get disconnected.
Activity can be as simple as mouse movement, and not necessary actively transacting.
A user walks away from their workstation for 2 hours. The session will go into disconnected state for 15 minutes, then log off after.
A user minimizes their hosted application for 2 hours, and the application is not in focus, meaning, the mouse may not travel over an active screen, the session will go into disconnect state for 15 minutes, then log off after.
Please note that it is HIGHLY ADVISABLE to actively close out any applications at the end of your day. Those will not be there the next morning, due to the nightly scheduled maintenance. Doing so will will also reduce the likelihood of data corruption due to abrupt logging off of idling sessions come maintenance time.
Table of contents
- STEP 1: Reset Your Password
- STEP 2: Login To Your Application (PC Users ONLY)
- STEP 3: Setup FileBridge
Simply replace the *1 — *6 with their corresponding values in your Company Info Sheet.
STEP 1: Reset Your Password
- Download the Desktop Shortcut in ( *2 ) and run it.
- Click on “Forgot Password/Reset Password”
- Click on Enroll
- Enter your username (Found in the CIS)
- Enter the default password ( *1 ) in the CIS
- Set your new password, and confirm
- Click Continue, and verify your email and enter your phone number for SMS enrollment.
- Answer the Challenge Questions to complete the process
STEP 2: Login To Your Application (PC Users ONLY)
Mac Users: Go to the next step for the MAC
- Remember: We are still using INTERNET EXPLORER
- Sign In with username and password you just changed
- SINGLE click on the application to launch
- Click Connect
STEP 3: Setup FileBridge
- Download the FileBridge Mapper <– Click
- Run the downloaded file(If you don’t know where the file is downloaded, press CTRL-J on your keyboard, and click on the “FileBridgeMapper.exe” file)
- Accept any security prompts that may pop up on your screen (if any)
- Fill in your Company Name
- The FileBridge URL (found in *4 of your CIS)
- Your username, which is also in the table in the CIS
- You can now double-click on the “MapFileBridge” icon on your desktop to connect.
- Once the window appears, simply type in your gotomyerp password, and click on “Map FileBridge Drive”This drive letter will likely be the G: or the P: drive on your computer, but that is dependent on your individual computer’s configuration. Simply open “My Computer”, and look for a new drive labeled: <Your Company Name> FileBridge
Congratulations! If you made it this far, you should now already be in the system, and working away.
- Locate the file in File bridge, copy it and paste it directly into the body of your email.OR
- Start a new email, right-click the toolbar, and click Customize the Ribbon.
- Right-click the New Mail Message section on the right
- choose Add New group.
- Select “Attach File” command on the left,
- Select the new group on the right, and click “Add”. The group here is called “Custom”
Table of contents
- Basic Requirements (for the End Users)
- More Details (for IT Professionals) Requirements (for larger or locked down environments)
Basic Requirements (for the End Users):
Please refer to the gotomyerp Remote Network Bandwidth Usage for in-depth detail about network and bandwidth requirements.
|Firewall and Security:|
|.NET Framework and Powershell|
More Details (for IT Professionals) Requirements (for larger or locked down environments):
Internet Connection and LAN Considerations
Browsers and Firewall/Workstation Security
Single-Sign is not referring to one that would pass-through authentication from your corporate network, but rather passing authentication from the gotomyerp application portal to the applications themselves when launched, within the gotomyerp environment.
Upon first access of the gotomyerp application portal, and ActiveX plugin needs to be installed, and the user will be prompted with a similar prompt. This plugin needs to be installed to allow the user to pass through their authentication from the portal, to the RemoteApp.
In order to provide the smoothest experience for our users, we highly recommend that they use the most compatible and support browser for our technology. That browser is Internet Explorer 11 or newer.
Windows 10 users often confuse the Microsoft Edge icon for the Microsoft Internet Explorer icon. Please note the difference:
The icon you will mostly see for Internet Explorer is the following:
All alternate browsers (including Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) will all behave similarly if used, and will prompt for a second user credential prompt. Those browsers are unsupported.
At this time, only Internet Explorer has the necessary add-on architecture to support the single-sign on technology which allow seamless login to gotomyerp application, and prevents the second credential pop up when launching an application.
If you are sure that you are using Internet Explorer 11, and you are still receiving the pop up, please take a look at this article for information on how to resolve that problem.