Migrating data from another software or manually consolidating QuickBooks online with a new, desktop version can be a bit challenging. While this process doesn’t populate QuickBooks desktop storage, it may lead to some unwanted and unexpected errors.
QuickBooks desktop includes three main versions: Enterprise, Pro, and Premier. All of these versions are layered with multiple security features. QuickBooks is secured with SSL by Verisign. All of the users’ data is also encrypted and stored safely on the cloud. However, QuickBooks desktop users still need to obtain a QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate. This essential security layer contains confidential network information that protects your private data.
QuickBooks is leading automated accounting software, serving millions of small and large-scale businesses around the globe. It has successfully secured a primary position in automated bookkeeping, inventory management, and tax processes. Since all of these functions are critical and high-risk in terms of data confidentiality, businesses need to ensure robust software security.
One of the main features that attract users toward QuickBooks is its unparalleled security. Considering the significance of business finances and legalities, QuickBooks takes strict measures to ensure your peace of mind.
But, oftentimes, QuickBooks desktop users come across a common error saying, “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate.” In this blog, we explore what this error is all about and how you should deal with it.
So let’s get started.
Understanding Security Certificate Revocation
This error is a common issue many users face when logging into QuickBooks desktop. Its root cause is when a user syncs QuickBooks with a third-party application, some data gets blocked by the QB security layers.
The certificate revocation error isn’t a big deal for QuickBooks users. It neither puts any of your important data at risk, not restricts you from accessing QuickBooks again. It is, however, necessary to remove this error to resume operations and save billable hours at work.
Additionally, there may be other reasons why you’re getting the certificate revocation error on QB desktop. These include:
- You’re using an outdated version of QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Your third-party security virtual certificate has expired.
Resolving the QuickBooks Error
There’s no need to worry about QB data or access issues after seeing the certificate revocation error. Here’s a quick and easy way to resolve the inaccuracy:
Step 1: Check Web Connector Version
Before anything else, check whether your QB Web Connector app is up-to-date. Follow the steps below:
- Select the Start menu and locate Web Connector. For quicker access, type your query in the search bar.
- Open the Web Connector.
- At the top left of the Web Connector window, check the version of your web connector. It should at least be 3.0.36.
- An outdated Web Connector version usually triggers a reminder for an update. However, if it doesn’t, you should still proceed to install the update.
Step 2: Check the Third-Party Digital Certificate
Once you’ve made sure that your Web Connector is functional and updated, move on to the next step. This involves checking your third-party digital certificate. A revoked or expired certificate usually leads to the QuickBooks error. Here’s how to navigate this step:
- Go to Applications from the Start Menu.
- Search or locate the Open File option in the drop-down section.
- Choose application
- Now select Properties from the prompted drop-down menu.
- Go to the Digital Signatures.
- Check the name and authority of the signer mentioned in the Signature List.
- Click on the option View Certificate.
- Analyze the dates mentioned in this certificate. If your third-party digital certificate has expired, contact our experts at gotomyerp to get it updated ASAP.
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software available worldwide. We, at gotomyerp, offer affordable, seamless, and efficient QuickBooks cloud-hosting services in USA and Canada. Our QuickBooks hosting and Sage cloud services are coupled with high performance, continuous support, and multifunctional migration and integration.
Entrust gotomyerp to migrate your data safely on any of our robust QuickBooks hosting products. Call us at 18778885525 to get started.